Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My Boys, the Zoo & Tennessee Snow










A few weeks ago, the weather decided that it wanted to be 75 degrees, so we decided to take advantage of our zoo membership. We loaded up the boy and took the 5 minute drive to the zoo. Calvin's favorite part of the zoo is the monkey that swings back and forth on the trees & ropes. I get more enjoyment from watching Calvin than seeing the animals. We've gone twice already this year, and are usually there for over 2 hours. It's nice to get out of the house and get some fresh air.

So, less than two weeks after we have 75 degree weather, we get several inches of snow. Needless to say, Calvin appreciates the warm weather MUCH better than he appreciates the snow. Now, I'm not sure how that happened considering I'm from Michigan and Scott's from Canada. So, the whole morning, he kept going to the window, pointing and saying "snow, snow". We finally got outside (after putting on his snow suit... thanks Gma C & Papa H), and he absolutely FREAKED OUT! I think we forced him to stay outside for 5 minutes, and it was probably one of the most traumatic events in his life so far.

Calvin got sent home yesterday with nasty diapers and had to stay home again today. It's looking like he'll be staying home again tomorrow, so Scott & I have been taking turns staying home with the little monster. It's so hard to watch them suffer and not be able to do anything. I went to the doctor today, and have made a little progress, but nothing significant. So, it looks like Aiden Michael will be joining us on Friday... YEAH!!!!

We will make a post once Aiden joins us.

2 comments:

Anthony, Stacey and Parker said...

Love the new pics! I can't wait to hear more about Calvin's experience in the snow :) Not too much longer before Aiden will be here! YIPEE!!!

Anonymous said...

We took Evan out in the snow to take a few pictures and he slept right through it all! =) I am excited to see pictures of Aiden! Good luck on Friday!