Sunday, October 28, 2007

It's the Great Pumpkin, Calvin Gardner

We went to the pumpkin patch on Saturday so Calvin could pick out the perfect pumpkin for himself and his new brother. We ran all over the pumpkin patch and tried picking up a bunch of pumpkins that were way too big for him to lift. Calvin wore a pumpkin sweatshirt and seemed to blend in with the patch at times. We tried to get some pictures with him, but he was more interested in picking out his pumpkin.






In other exciting family news, Michael is on his way home from Iraq. Mom & dad got word that he should be arriving home on his birthday, which is Oct. 29. We're very grateful that he made it home safely, but are bummed that we aren't going to be able to welcome him home.

We've decided on a name for baby boy #2... Aiden (middle name TBD). We're starting to talk to Calvin about "Baby Aiden" and how he is in mommy's belly. We don't really think he gets it yet, but slowly we think he'll pick it up. Aiden has been very active so far, which is really cool. I swear, he's going to come out kicking & swinging! Scott was able to feel him move the other day for the first time and we can't remember if Scott was able to feel Calvin this early.

Calvin began his new daycare last week and seems to be doing really well. He goes to First Steps, Inc., which is less than 5 minutes from where we live. I owe Susan a HUGE thank you, as there were NO daycares (that I was comfortable with), so she made a call and made it happen. He has already colored/painted us several pictures and has been playing soccer in the inside gym with some of his new friends. His teachers told us that he really likes to help them clean the table after lunch and enjoys when the lady comes to sing and dance with them. We're really excited about this program, as we think it will really be good for his development. They also practice sign with them, which is something we've already started.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great family pumpkin pictures. I know Calvin will start to pick up really soon on mommy's tummy when Aiden kicks him. I wish I was in Nashville with you all but know I miss you and I am only a phone call away.

Love,
Susan

Anthony, Stacey and Parker said...

I love the name Aiden! Calvin and Aiden, that sounds so cute together! Looks like you guys (especially Calvin) had a good time at the Pumpkin Patch! Talk to you SOON!

Stacey

Anonymous said...

You should have went for the big laughs by naming the new guy Hobbs.