Monday, August 27, 2007

Mixture of Emotions!!


So, yesterday was a day filled with quite a few emotions!

Calvin and I got up and went to the park for over an hour. He had fun climbing up the stairs at the playground and going down the swirly slide. He couldn't decide whether the slide or the swing was his favorite, so he kept going back and forth. Thank goodness it was only 65 degrees!

After the park, I decided to go to "church" (aka the grocery store). I also needed my oil changed, so we went to Wal-Mart & Sam's Club (had to get a pretzel). Calvin & I get home around noon (nap time) and I take him inside with his diaper bag and go back to the car to get the groceries. Well, when I get back to the house and try to open the glass door, it won't open. Apparently, when I left, Calvin decided to lock me out of the house. Keep in mind... this is the FIRST time he has ever locked that door. Well, panic sets in. My cell phone is inside and NO ONE seems to be home around me. I try to convince a 16 month-old to unlock the door to which he just sits there and cries. I start freaking out now and have no idea what to do. So, I try to kick in the glass door. Calvin does not like this and begins to scream. Finally, one of our neighbors comes home and I am able to call a locksmith. 15 minutes later (which seemed like an eternity), he arrived and plays with the door for a while. He FINALLY gets the door open and I'm able to get my little monster. Thankfully, Calvin sat by the door the whole time and didn't try to go anywhere. After that traumatic experience (by this time it was after 1 p.m.), Calvin passed out and slept until 4:45!!

Other than that, everything is wonderful. Scott left last week to begin his new adventure at Vanderbilt and I am stuck in Bloomington until I can find a job in Tennessee, or until my bosses kick me out here. We'll be going to Tennessee this weekend to see Scott and our first Vanderbilt football game... WOO HOO!!

Baby Gardner #2 is making me get "fluffy", so my pants don't fit like they used to... people say that you get "fluffy" earlier the second time around and believe me... IT'S TRUE!! I'm 10 weeks and will need to slip into the maternity pants soon.

Hope all is well with everyone!!

3 comments:

Lincoln said...

Oh...I am laughing and crying the whole time I am reading this! I would be beside myself too if Linc locked the door, but picturing you trying to kick in the door put a little giggle in my day! Can't wait for you guys to come "home"! Call me soon! Love Trish

stefanie said...

So glad you're outdoor lock-down ended without any additional drama.

Rich and I will be at the Vandy game on Saturday. We should meet up. Do you have my cell? If not, email me and I will get it to you.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had quite a week! I hope that you all have a great weekend!