Thursday, July 3, 2008

Aiden & Great Friends

Calvin & Aiden stayed with my parents last night so we could get some much needed rest after my surgery. Mom called Scott this morning and said that Aiden rolled from his back to his front. So, I'm assuming this is what he did yesterday at school. Apparently, he was NOT thrilled about the whole experience. I can't wait to see him and see if he'll do his new trick with Scott & I present.

I have come to the conclusion that I have some of the greatest friends in the world. There is a group of us who try (try being the operative word) to get together as often as possible, but lately life has gotten in the way. This past year has been a trying one. Most of us have welcomed a child into this world, one was diagnosed with breast cancer and we've all had the other "regular" stuff. It has been during these times that I have realized just how much you need to surround yourself with good friends. We made goody baskets for our friend while she was going through chemo & radiation (and while also raising newborn). I met up with some friends at The Cheesecake Factory on Monday before my surgery and had a DELICIOUS dinner. They brought me a basket with crossword puzzles, magazines, and of course... food! At this point, Scott has gotten more use out of the food than me, but I have been taking some nibbles. Yesterday, shortly after I got home from the hospital, there was a knock on the door and a lady was standing there with a plant... from my friends. It's times like this that I realize how much you need friends. I can't imagine going through any of this without their support & words of encouragement. Several have volunteered to drive down from Louisville to help watch the boys or help with anything else. I TRULY HAVE THE BEST FRIENDS IN THE WORLD!

And, don't get me wrong... our families has been awesome as well. And Scott, what can I say about him? He's WONDERFUL! I don't think he realized what he signed up for when he said "I do". I mean, he knew I had a bum knee and bum skin, but not this much other stuff. He has been a saint! All of this has probably been harder on him than on me. I'm so lucky to have such a wonderful & caring husband and couldn't imagine going through any of this without him & his support. I love you so much, Scott, and can't imagine my life without you and our two beautiful boys!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same way about MY friends! =) They are great, huh?