Friday, May 2, 2008

Birthdays, Finals & Work

Calvin, Aiden & daddy in Calvin's bed

Calvin opening his birthday presents

Calvin's friends at school

Aiden, chilling in his swing

Aiden, sleeping

Calvin is officially two years old and has definitely hit the terrible twos stage. We're pretty excited about it and it began at a great time... new baby, finals time, etc. Since he started his new class, his vocabulary has increased greatly. He is picking up things very quickly (which isn't always a good thing) and has learned that I am Shannon, daddy is Scott and brother is Aiden. It is absolutely adorable how he says Aiden! We celebrated his birthday at home and opened a few of his presents. He got a new bubble machine, a football, soccer ball & basketball and some sandals. His birthday party is on May 10, so he'll get to open more presents then. I also made some rice krispie treats, cut them like a bus, plane, firetruck and train and took them to school so Calvin could celebrate with his friends.

I went back to work yesterday and it was very hard to get motivated to do actual work. I was pretty upset that I had to go back so soon, but the bills were coming in quickly and the paychecks weren't. Fortunately, my mom watched Aiden yesterday & today and Christine, Hank & Lena are coming to watch both kids next week. My goodness are they brave!!!! But, I guess that's what grandparents do... they watch the kids, spoil them, then give them back.

Scott is finally done with his second year of law school and is now considered a 3L, which means that he now has less than one year until he is done with school. UM, YEAH!!!! He starts his 1st clerkship on Monday with a firm in downtown Franklin. He's pretty excited about it as the firm does most of the litigation for Williamson County.

Aiden is getting bigger and bigger by the day. He is starting to be very alert and watch what is going on. He's quite the pig; eating 4 oz. every 3 hours during the day. He is still sleeping good at night. He usually eats around 7:30-8 p.m., sleeps until 1 or 2 a.m., eats, then sleeps until around 5 a.m. My mom stayed over last night and volunteered to get up in the middle of the night with him. Of course, he only wakes up at 3 a.m. and when I got downstairs at around 7 a.m., he was still asleep... Little bugger!!

Both of the boys went to the doctor today. I had been telling Calvin that we were going to the doctor, so when we arrived at school, he was not thrilled and kept saying "doctor, doctor...". We went inside and he kept telling his teacher "doctor, doctor". Apparently, this continued for most of the day. Calvin weighed 29 lbs 10 oz (71%) and was 35" tall (68%). Aiden weighed 11 lbs 4 oz (58%), was 22 1/2" tall (52%) and has a normal head (39 1/2 cm-52%). When I got home from work, Calvin kept saying "doctor, hurt" and pointed to where he got his shot. I felt bad for him, but it was so cute. Scott said that when the doctor & nurse left the room he said "by doctor."

So, I missed the memo on this... I just discovered that some hospitals will give you a discount if you pay your bill in full. This would've been good information to have in the past, but I guess it's good to know now. I called to get a detailed bill faxed to me and the lady said "if you pay your bill in full, you can get a discount." I'm thinking well, okay and assumed that it would be like 5%. Um, NO... IT SAVED US 35% by paying in full. I thought I was going to scream I was so excited.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of exciting thinsg are going on at your house! I am glad that you had fun celebrating Cal's birthday. It looks like he had fun too! Aiden is super cute!

Anthony, Stacey and Parker said...

Wow! It looks like a lot has happened since the last time we talked! I will give you a call this week to catch up. I LOVE the new pics. Aiden is getting so big, and I can't wait to compare terrible two's stories :)